2016 Mephit Fur Meet Artist Alley
So what is the artist alley?
The artist alley is a space that can be purchased on a daily basis in the dealers room where artist can come and sell their art.
So how’s it different from the dealer’s room?
There are a few differences between the dealer room space and the artist alley:
- The area is first come, first served. You must purchase your space at the beginning of every day, there is no reserving of space before hand. Depending on demand, there may be a lottery system used to fill the space in the beginning of the morning so not to force people to line up hours before the room opens.
- You may only purchase ½ a table space, approximately 3 feet of table length.
- There is no access to power nor wall space
- You are limited in what you can sell. Generally the rule is you can’t sell what you didn’t make. This doesn’t mean you can’t sell a CD of your work, it means that you can’t sell someone else’s work.
Where is the alley located?
The alley will be located in the dealers room.
What are the hours?
The hours are the same as the dealer’s room:
Friday: Noon – 6PM
Saturday: 10AM – 6PM
Sunday: 10AM – 5PM
What is the cost?
Space in the alley costs $5 per day. At that point, the space is yours for the rest of the day.
How do I sign up?
There are daily signups for the alley
- One hour before the opening of the dealer room, we will start taking name to go into the drawing for the alley spots. This will be done at the dealers room. You must be present to put your name in, you can not have another put your name in for you. You must also have a badge before you can put your name in.
- 15 minutes before the dealers room opens, names will be drawn for the spots. When your name is drawn, please acknowledge you are there and you will be released to go claim your spot. Each spot will have a card that you will bring back to the dealer room.You must be present to claim your table.
- After all names have been drawn, artists with spots will need to sign the alley agreement, pay their $5 fee and collect their tax paperwork.
What about taxes?
You are responsible for collecting taxes however at the end of every day. The staff of MFM will give you a form and collection envelope at the beginning of each day. You are expected to turn in your taxes to the staff at the front of the room at the end of the day. Mississippi law requires the convention to send in everyone’s taxes at the end of the event. Failure to do this will prevent you from getting space again. We will tell you what the rate is when you sign up.
I have other questions…
Feel free to email us using our contact form.