Would you like to host a panel or special event at Mephit Fur Meet 2017? Cool, because we’re looking for people to do just that!
The main theme for Mephit Fur Meet 2017 “True Colors”!
We want to see what makes you, well, you! Show us what makes you unique and different. The furry fandom is full of wonderful diverse people and characters, and it’s this diversity that makes it so much fun.
We can’t wait for Mephit Fur Meet 2017 when we can celebrate the diversity that is in our family!
This year we’re adding a new membership level, the Founder’s Level. This level is for members that really want to support MFM and keep it going well into the future. It includes upgraded schwag, and access to our new annual Founder’s Level BBQ dinner on Saturday evening. More information on this level is available on our registration page.
New for 2016! We’ve uploaded our conbook to the Internet! If you’d like to see it, please click here!
This is the same conbook we’ve put into print at Mephit Fur Meet this year. If you’ve lost yours, you’re still in luck!
Mephit Fur Meet is just under two weeks away! Can you believe it??
There’s a few things we wanted to remind you of as you’re getting ready to join us in Memphis!
- Remember that you’ll need a government-issued photo ID with your birthday on it when you check in. Our reg staff wants to make sure you are you. We’ve had to turn people away before for not having it, and we really don’t like doing that. 🙁
- We’re accepting cash and most major credit cards this year. Sorry, no checks.
- Please don’t leave anything valuable in your car in plain sight. (Things like electronics, medications, money… all that.) Either hide it, or bring it in with you.
- If you have a service animal with you, please don’t leave them in your car when you go inside. While Labor Day is the end of summer, we’re still in the south, and the heat is not over by a long shot.
- The hotel will charge your card on file for the first night’s stay 72 hours before you check in. If you need to cancel, be sure and do it before then. If you’ve changed credit cards in the past year, make sure they have the correct one on file.
- We’ve updated our Code of Conduct for 2016. You might want to read it before you come.
Help us promote MFM! As you’re making your way to Memphis, let the world know! We’re on Twitter at https://twitter.com/mephitfurmeet and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mephitfurmeet. The Twitter hashtag for this year is #mephit2016.
Finally! The final programming schedule has been posted on our website. Check it out here:
The mobile version is pretty neat!
Please be safe getting here, and we just can’t wait to welcome you home at Mephit Fur Meet 2016!
The deadline for pre-registering for MFM 2016 is right around the corner! You have until 11:59PM CDT on August 5th, 2016 to pre-register.
After pre-registration closes you’ll have to pay the at-the-door prices, so if you’re planning on attending MFM for sure, you might want to save yourself a few dollars and register before the deadline!
Are you looking for a ride or room to share? We have good news for you. The folks at ConRoomies have added section for posting ride and room shares for MFM 2016!
What is a ride or room share board?
It’s a place where you can post that you either need a roommate for MFM, or would like to be one. The same is true for rides to MFM. You can post that you’d like riders to come with you, or that you’d like a ride.
As of the time this was posted there were already several room shares posted. The hotel has sold out, but you may still be able to find someone that’s looking for a roommate for MFM!
Attention! August 1st is the conbook submission deadline. If you would like to submit a short story, artwork, or even a testimonial about your favorite moments at Mephit Fur Meet the past 20 years, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
All submissions must be animal or furry fandom related in some way. By submitting them, you agree that we may print them in our conbook.
We look forward to seeing what you guys have for this year’s conbook! Thank you!
The list of dealers for Mephit Fur Meet 2016 has been published! If you’d like to see it, check out our Dealer’s Den page.
The Dealer’s Den is full, but we’re still accepting applications for the wait list. If you’d like to be added to the waiting list, indicate that you’d like a table when you register, and we’ll add you to the list. You can also contact our Dealer’s Den staff directly if you’ve ready registered.
Start planning your shopping now! 🙂
The Whispering Woods has been sold out!
We’ll be opening a room block at the overflow hotel, the Fairfield Inn at the corner of the Whispering Woods’ property early next week. See our hotel page for how to book a room there.